Saturday, November 17, 2012



Last Tuesday I met with Amanda Chapman, the director of the S STEM Grant. We talked little bit about school and work and how to manage both in order to be successful. She also shared with me some of her personal experiences about doing internships and how it can open your mind and guide you toward the type of career that makes happy versus the career that you choose to be in.
The next day I met with the lab staff for a 20 minutes interview.  It went really well but I was little bit surprised by the first question which was “if you could get rid of any one of the US States, which one would you get rid of and why?” Overall, I really like it because this was an opportunity for me to challenge my interview skills and to see how well I can do. I am looking forward to starting my research project and collaborate with the lab staff in order to run a very successful experiment.
I also spent 7 hours this week working in the STEM Program and helping students with their biology, math and chemistry homework. We are almost at the end the semester and everybody is overloaded with assignments and are looking for help everywhere to have them done. It is a pleasure for me to be able to help my peers and have their needs met.
Another exciting thing that happened my life this week was that I was nominated by managers as employee of the month at the Food Services department of Saint Joseph’s Hospital. I was very happy about this award because first it tells me how much they appreciate the hard work that I am doing in the food service team and for my record, this will look good on my resume. Below is the picture of the certificate that I received.

2 comments:

  1. Kodjo- Congratulations! Having worked with you in STEM, it comes as no surprise to me that you were nominated for Employee of the Month. Kudos for a job well done!

    ReplyDelete